The Secretary-General of Hezbollah says that only a ceasefire in Gaza will end the attacks on the Lebanese border Hezbollah news

Hassan Nasrallah said that the cross-border bombing of Israel will not stop until the Israeli “aggression” on Gaza stops.

Hezbollah Secretary-General Hassan Nasrallah said that his armed group’s cross-border bombing of Israel will not stop until the Israeli “aggression” on the Gaza Strip stops, saying that diplomatic efforts made so far to stop hostilities along the Lebanese border appear to be working. Israel only.

It was the Lebanese Armed Group Exchanging fire with the Israeli army crossed the southern border of Lebanon in support of its Palestinian ally Hamas, which launched a cross-border attack from the Gaza Strip into Israel on October 7, which was met with heavy Israeli bombardment from land, air and sea.

Nasrallah said on Tuesday that his group would not stop the exchange of fire unless a complete ceasefire was reached in Gaza.

“On that day, when the shooting stops in Gaza, we will stop the shooting in the south,” he said in a televised speech.

There are growing fears of another all-out conflict between Israel and Hezbollah, with tens of thousands displaced on both sides of the border and regional tensions rising.

Late last month, Defense Minister Yoav Galant said Israeli forces “will begin operating very soon” near the country’s northern border with Lebanon.

Recent weeks have seen a flurry of diplomatic activity in Beirut, with foreign ministers from Germany, France and the United Kingdom visiting in an attempt to ease tensions.

Nasrallah said that many foreign “delegations” traveled to Beirut with “proposals” to end hostilities in southern Lebanon, but he said that they appeared to have “only one goal, which is: the security of Israel, and the protection of Israel.”

The French foreign minister submitted a written proposal to Beirut calling on fighters, including Hezbollah’s Radwan unit, to withdraw 10 kilometers (six miles) from the border, among other measures, Reuters news agency reported, citing a document.

Without specifying the French proposal, Nasrallah said that one of the delegations “presented a paper as a mediator.”

“I read the newspaper – there is nothing. There is Israel’s security,” he said.

Nasrallah said: “No one thinks that Lebanon is weak and afraid, or that it can impose conditions,” including the withdrawal of Hezbollah fighters.

He added that if Israel expands the war further in Lebanon, his group will do the same.

He warned that if Israel decides to wage war on Lebanon, the displaced from northern Israel “will not return,” and Israeli officials must “prepare shelters, hotels, schools and tents for the two million people” who will be displaced.

Last week, Israeli Foreign Minister Israel Katz warned that “time is running out” to reach a diplomatic solution in southern Lebanon.

He added that “Israel will act militarily to return the evacuated citizens” to its northern border area if a diplomatic solution is not reached.

The cross-border bombing killed about 200 people in Lebanon, including more than 170 Hezbollah fighters, as well as 10 Israeli soldiers and five Israeli civilians.

(Tags for translation)News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *