The Israeli army kills 28 after Netanyahu referred to the Rafah invasion plan News of the Israeli war on Gaza

At least 10 children are among the dead as fears grow of an Israeli ground attack in the southern Gaza Strip.

The Israeli army killed at least 28 Palestinians in raids on Rafah just after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu indicated that an invasion of the city in the southern Gaza Strip may be imminent.

Three airstrikes on residential homes in the Rafah area killed at least 28 people overnight Saturday, according to a health official and Associated Press journalists who saw bodies arriving at hospitals.

As with many previous Israeli airstrikes, each attack reportedly killed several members of three families, including a total of 10 children, the youngest of whom was just three months old.

This came hours after Netanyahu announced that he had ordered the army to plan the forcible evacuation of hundreds of thousands of displaced Palestinians from Rafah in preparation for a ground invasion accompanied by air attacks.

Netanyahu did not provide details or a timetable, but his announcement only served to exacerbate widespread panic among more than half of the Gaza Strip’s 2.3 million residents who are now crowded into Rafah. Many of them had been displaced several times before as a result Israel’s war on Gaza.

The Israeli leader said that clearing Rafah of the four alleged Hamas brigades present in the area would be necessary on his way to achieving “complete victory” over the group.

“At the same time, he said that any massive military operation in Rafah could not take place without evacuating civilians from the combat zone,” Al Jazeera’s Rory Challands said in his report from occupied East Jerusalem. He asked the military and security establishment to develop plans that would achieve both.”

“This is causing great concern around the world. The United States has said it cannot condone any operation there that does not put in place a proper humanitarian plan. We have had the United Nations say that any forced displacement of 1.4 million people there is off limits,” he said.

Washington and its other allies, as well as human rights organizations, Israel warned The invasion of Rafah would lead to a “disaster,” and the United Nations continued to express its concern about the devastating consequences for civilians.

“Where are they supposed to go? How are they supposed to stay safe?” asked UN Humanitarian and Relief Coordinator Martin Griffiths on Saturday.

Meanwhile, intense fighting continues in various areas of the Gaza Strip, with Khan Yunis in the south remaining a major focus of Israeli ground and air attacks.

Nasser Hospital, the largest medical facility in the region, remains under siege by Israeli forces Dozens were killed in the surrounding areas Using sniper fire and attack drones, among others.

About 300 exhausted medical staff, 450 patients and about 10,000 displaced people are believed to be sheltering in the hospital, unable to leave due to Israeli fire and lack of safety elsewhere.

The Israeli invasion of Gaza led to the deaths of at least 28,000 Palestinians, most of them women and children, with thousands more missing, likely still under the rubble.

(Tags for translation) News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *